Search This Blog

Jul 19, 2005

"Hat's Off! Probir"

Probir has just received an award from our client Filtrona in UK. People who have read my blog would know Probir well enough. If you dont first read my blog titled "Probir Chollo London". And then read this.

I would take it from two angles, why I think this award is special and why am I writing about it in my blog.

Why I think the award is special?

  • It is an award from our client, it is not an internal award and probir had no recommendations
  • It is a cash award and not just limited to lip service
  • It is accompanied by a personal hard copy letter of appreciation
  • Most importantly, it is not for the work that he had gone for but for some value adds he had done and the client clearly mentions that in the mail

Why I am writing about it?

There was no doubt about Probir's talent. But the award is more a vindication of Probir's attitude, his sincerity and his honest approach towards work. Probir was caged for long and was not allowed the proper exposure. He might still need to fight to get value-added work. But each time he gets the slightest opportunity he will continue to add value. And at some honest touchpoints that value and the man delivering it gets recognised.

For me and many of us this should be inspirational

Of late he has been an inspirational influence. There are many in the numerous nooks and corners of many offices - individuals who have the talent and harbors dream - who get limited opportunity. They either do not manage to find the right workplace or finds someone who comes in the way. But there are times when you cannot just hold down someone who deserves. They just break free. Probir's award is a testimony to that.

Thanks Probir for going on and on and I hope I can emulate you someday and you will be around.. "Audio Video r khelai video kintu agiye jachchey"

No comments: