Search This Blog

Oct 10, 2005

Away From Home


Picture Courtesy www.anandautsav.com

For Bengalees around the world it is the time of the year when we wake up to the sound of Dhak. Today is Saptami and for the first time I find myself sitting in my office trying to work. It marks a huge shift in my life.

For the past 31 years I have never missed a Puja. Many a times I have been away from Calcutta but never been away from the festivities. Its a feeling of being left out.

It is a reality check. My current stint outside Calcutta is the longest I have ever been. I have been away from home for almost a year, but till this time it never pinched. My entire family is here but I am still feeling away from home.

But its a reality I will have to face every year and like everyone else I will get used to it. Who knows may be some time down the line I might be organising my own puja.

Till then a happy Durga Puja to all.

P.S. - For everyone else who is missing puja like me go to Anandautsav.com

No comments: