Search This Blog

Oct 4, 2005

Sanjog

We meet numerous people while we age and live. Among them there are many who leave an impression on the dint of what they do or undo.

Most often our opinions about people depend on the circumstances of our interactions. Some inspire awe and respect while some only invite contempt. While for some we feel sympathy and compassion, there are others with whom we empathise and identify. But there are a few who endears themselves for eternity. One such soul is my dear friend Rajesh Gode.

Rajesh is a simple and god fearing man. He epitomises our generation of the urban middle class whose parents have fought hard to put us where we are now. He has a son and a very nice wife. I met him during my stint in Pune.

I like Rajesh because of his simplicity and unassuming manner. He is perfectly down to earth - infact he is rooted to the earth. I have always drawn a strict line between friends and acquaintances. Rajesh falls under the first category.

We used to talk hours on end on topics which would otherwise sound pretty useless. I used to enjoy our walk in the campus of the Commisioner's Office just opposite our office. Our daily pastime would be to pick our Imlis and distribute them in office. Some days we even used to go Inox to watch the girls display their fineries. Infact my trip to Ranje was an experience in itself.

We spent some confusing times in my previous company in Pune. Besides other things we used to discuss the importance of usability in modern day life where human interface with computers have become so omnipresent.

A lot more time, money and human bandwidth needs to be spent on how our interactions with computers can be simpliflied. Rajesh went a step further. He went ahead and became a CUA (Certified Usability Analyst) from Human Factors International. Today I came to know that he has even got featured as their CUA of the month.

I am happy for him. Good guys always dont finish last...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent valuable site :-) lot's of great information to read at leasure. Come to see also my baby eczema related site.

Anonymous said...

Favorite food blogs
Grab that mouse and start clicking. You're bound to find a Web log to fit your tastes.
Any interest in Gold? Micron gold or gold found in water? How to test for and how to recover? More info? Gold Test Kit If not SORRY to bother you! Denis

Anonymous said...

Kudos to Rajesh. In my few days of working with him, I really found him down to earth person. Congratulations to him again.

- Jaywant