Search This Blog

Jul 18, 2006

Amazing India

To all those who can still think and are still in India

Yesterday I couldnt get into Opu's blog. Neither could I do the same with mine. Today I know the answer. Our government, the so-called people's government, has decided to block 18 Blogsites.

Lets look at the composition of the government of India. Manmohan Singh is called a technocrat, Jairam Ramesh is a brilliant economist himself, PC is not bad either and the communications minister Dayanidhi Maran has been educated abroad. If we dig deep we will find more such names who have some education behind them. Lucky us. Unfortunately the same government as decided to block 18 Blogsite because they happen to be used to terrorist outfits for communication. Can one imagine the ludicrousness of the idea.

So I can get into Blogger.com and create posts but cannot go to saltlakeman.blogspot.com to view them. Brilliant.

So in future if a baby is crying what options do I have. I can operate her in a such way that she is left rendered unable to utter any sound or worst still I can kill her. That will help me never to hear her cry.

What choice do we have. None.

4 comments:

Shuv said...

my answer in my blog. to read that you have to go here

Anonymous said...

My dear Kaushik,

What will you do if one fine morning you find that a hacker (or an eTerrorist) has wiped out your blog-site?

Isn't it similar to what our sweet Government is doing?

In both cases you lose your months of hard work and precious thoughts and a dear possession.

Well it doesn't mean that you should stop voicing your opinion or stop being creative but you should be prepared for the eventualities on the virtual world.

I'm sure you are backing up your months of creative work diligently.

In the name of free spirit, keep writing :o]

kaushik said...

Dearest Sandip,

Since I have a traditional degree I am traditionalist. And my lack of confidence in technology has already made me to keep a DOC backup of my blog.

And by the way my letters to the president and a to a couple of ministers seems to have had an effect.

Blogspot is no longer off limits in India.

Shuv said...

actually it was my threat that did this..i had started writing a poem on this issue..fuckers backed down..