Search This Blog

Dec 13, 2005

Setting Goals, Achieving Targets

Sanjoy now in Hyderabad

Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.
Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back

For all those who were in AT during the golden days the picture above will certainly evince open-gaped reactions. I dropped off my seat and Probir was wondering whether Photoshop had anything to do with it. But this is original.

Working in AT between 1999-2001 was thrilling. Sanjoy Sanyal was VP and was unique. The best public speaker I have seen (after Nihilent's Minoo Dastur) there was a certain way Sanjoy looked, talked and dressed. And I always believed Sanjoy's very substantial girth worked to his advantage and contributed to his sophistication. In Sanjoy's new avatar thats my only worry how will he make up for that.

Sanjoy just participated in a 10km run

I had the good fortune of working closely with Sanjoy. With him it was like a roller coaster - often entertaining, at other times tension-filled but always educative. When I joined AT I was raw and not fit for the professional world. Sanjoy did not mind pointing things out. Never demeaning but always bordering on the embarrassing his observations had a message for the future.

I dont care how he managed the above feat but imagining the mental effort the deed is worth emulating. I am not fat but neither do I have the wiry look anymore. There is atleast 5-6 kgs of extra flesh wrapped around me. But wait this is not about losing weight but more about setting a target and achieving it.

In some way I am indebted to people like him for having an influence on me and shaping the way I interact with the world. So for me this particular feat of his is one more reason to hold him in awe.

All photos are courtesy Sanjoy Sanyal

2 comments:

Swati said...

... there was a certain way Sanjoy looked, talked and dressed.

and i will always remember the certain way he walked :P

i last met him in Hyderabad- still the warm hearted boss come mentor as ever. and in many ways, he has been an inspiration in my carrer growth path till now; i remember when i joined, he showed me the web site of DigitalThink and said, "mone rekho, amader eder moto hote hobe." i personlized that to "amake eder moto hote hobe" and joined DT... and it has only paid off in the long run.

hats off to Sanjay.

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat money making[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or little-understood ways to produce an income online.