Search This Blog

Oct 31, 2006

About Sharad Pawar's Cricket Team?

Amidst all the news on Copenhagen this post is about a game that I used to follow till the Sharad Pawar captured it. I found it hilarious. It made it to my blog because it was written by someone from down south.

  1. Chappell is an expert in the intricacies of the modern game and is at the cutting edge of coaching techniques. He has had over a year in the job to stamp his influence on the team.
  2. Chappell has more support staff than any other coach, including an assistant coach, physical trainer, physiotherapist, psychologist and captain of his choice.
  3. Dravid “leads from the front”, a shining example for the team to follow. Dravid does not possess the arrogance of Ganguly and is loved by one and all. Also he does not keep the opposing captains waiting for the toss nor does he tear off his shirt in jubilation and wave it in full view of the spectators.
  4. Selectors have chosen a team of youth, as requested by the coach and captain. They move fast in the field and the lazy players have been thrown out.
  5. The team is being schooled in lateral thinking and flexibility and is being motivated by Dr Webster.

Most important, the arrogance and non performance of the former captain Ganguly was confined to the dustbin of history, and his disruptive influence on team morale is now non-existent. Team morale is higher under Dravid.

Yet, we do not win. I wonder why?

Posted on www.ibnlive.com on Monday , October 30, 2006 at 17:59 by a Non-Bengali and from someone down south


A trivia.. after Anil Kumble got into the one day side and R.P. Singh was booted out

- When you boot out young players you say "We need experience"
- When you include a young player you say "We need to Youth"
- When you boot out an older player you say "We need to Youth"
- When you include an older player you say "We need experience"

I guess cricket selection is becoming like software. You have the templates. Just use it as per your convenience.

Pardon me Opu I still sometimes read newspapers and thats how I came to know India had played Australia and Greg Chappell made his nation proud...

4 comments:

Shuv said...

tui bujhbi na. this is VISION 2007!

kaushik said...

I have heard of Vision 2010 which our MD had projected in 2005. He quit in December the same year. And is now preparing another Vision document for another companey.

So I know bit about Visions.

This reminds me I made a very nice acronym called CREATE which is now the core values. But u know what no one knows its me who have done it.. But I have a mail and I have kept it for good for later use..

Shuv said...

aaj dada century mereche. aar aekta dorkar byas..raju already positive vibes diche, SA test series e mone hoche dhuke jaabe moharaj. tarpor chappel dravid er hisheb hobe. watch this space.

kaushik said...

amidst all the things here i silently keep track of India through epaper.timesofindia.com. Pardon me for that. But there is no other alternatives. And on the Timesport page I see Australian and Indian cricket hogging the limelight but for 2 different reasons. Australia for winning the Champions trophy and India for Tendulkar has bagged another naked contract.

Long live India.