Search This Blog

Dec 20, 2006

Bhaiyaji

Bhaiyaji is Neeraj's elder brother. And Neeraj is Opu's one time colleague. Somehow we have been in touch. Neeraj is from Bihar and he is has a very straight way of looking at things. Thats why I was not surprised when he called me up the other day to tell me that he and his Bhaiya are opening a restaurant in Bangalore.

I went to the opening ceremony and was amazed to meet his Bhaiya. He has apparently never stayte in a big city and has no experience of running a restaurant. He has come here with 5 people from Bihar.

But he looks so positive. For someone like me who finds negativity even in the best news that I receive, that was important.

Its a modest outlet right next to the Innovative Multiplex. It is called Magadh Restaurant and is right opposite Adishwar Electronics shop. Bhaiyaji also wants to do corporate catering and tiffin services.

They are promising an exciting North Indian fare with cooks who cannot speak any south indian language. 30 for veg thali, 35 for an egg thali and 45 for chicken. I think its great.

It felt nice when Neeraj invited me. He thinks because I am a foody I can give good suggestions to Bhaiyaji. God save their resturant.

We had litti and sattu ka paratha. And I was impressed. Not only by the food but also by Bhaiyaji.

There is a lesson in it for me.

4 comments:

Shuv said...

well if gopal can achieve whatever I have given up on i will be thankful to him.

Anonymous said...

Kaushik da, Thanks for writing this blog. Well, I want to add, he is working really hard with a sole aim to provide good north indian food, which is rare to get in bangalore

kaushik said...

Yes and I have updated my post with the menu as well...

SHuv: who is gopal

zeta byte said...

Gopal is name of my Bhaiya.