Search This Blog

Sep 4, 2007

Poetic Resignation

Courtesy Rajesh Gode

The name is good, the brand is big
But the work I do is that of a pig
The work or the brand; what is my way?
I don't know if I should stay.

To work, they have set their own way
Nobody will care to hear what I say
My will be NULL, they wont change their way
I don't know if I should stay.

The project is in a critical stage
But to do good work, this is the age
This dilemma is killing me day by day
I don't know if I should stay.

The money is good, the place is great
But the development is at a very small rate
Should I go for the work, or wait for pay
I don't know if I should stay!

The managers don't know what they talk
The team doesn't know where they walk
That's a bad situation, what say?
I don't know if I should stay.

I can go to any other place
But what if I get the same disgrace
I can't keep switching day by day
I don't know if I should stay.

The -ves are more, the +ves are less
Then why have this unnecessary mess
No more will I walk their way,
It's all done, I won't stay.

Thanks & Regards
Employee

P.S. Next post will be the manager's response

8 comments:

Vincent said...

You have expressed very closely the dilemma I have been feeling myself, as expressed somewhat in my latest piece "Leaving MaxiRam". What shall we do in this crazy world?

Anonymous said...

whats wrong bro..?feeling guilty of enjoying..?

kaushik said...

Vincent - What shall I do in this crazy world? Thats the question I am asking myself every morning and getting depressed. The answer is elusive.

Rip - Is the question for me??

Anonymous said...

dear kaushik..as they say..'if u want a place near the sun,u'll have to put up with a few blisters...'

what happenned..? missing home..?

kaushik said...

Rip: This post is about resignations. Not about missing home or missing country. This is more generic. Consider I am in Indi and everything falls in place.

Anonymous said...

..money talks and..money works..bro!!

no one is ever going to resign..but the on and off feeling of chucking the resig. letter on the boss's table helps to keep one alive and going..i guess.

...i.ve failed to do it for the last 12 yrs!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Man,
What's up? I think its the same feeling I have had all along. So what if every day is a drag, haven't we all Mastered the Art of Dragging along with? So just drag on.... :-) :-(

Shail

kaushik said...

No.. I am yet to accept reality of my existence. Thats why it seems like a fight. So am yet to learn the art of dragging.