Search This Blog

Nov 13, 2007

Yosemite - Guilty Fun

I read about the Sierra Nevada mountains in Ms. Bose' geography lessons way back in 1987. Little did I know that 20 years later I would be in its lap.

Like all natural wonders the experience left me spellbound. It left me gaping at the wisdom of these granite shapes, jutting into the sky like monoliths reminding me of the futility of things.

The Giant Sequoias trees - known to be the world's largest trees in terms of volume - almost mocking human kinds' eternal quest for the nothing.

The nothing which they have achieved without nothing.



Want a better view? Click here

6 comments:

Shuv said...

quite amazing..my career plans need a serious rethink..

kaushik said...

Shuv: Why??

S said...

really nice snaps. i should have taken leave and explored more of States. :(

and i see you've made good use of the embedded slideshow. :)

kaushik said...

Sayantani: And thanks for leading me there and I am kind of discovering more stuffs around it.

ghetufool said...

again ms. bose's geography?

Vikas said...

Now you know i was joking about the camera. wonderful place and great pics.