Search This Blog

Nov 9, 2007

Ice Skating

Each week has been an exploration. And this week was about Ice Skating.
Munmun is a champion roller skater so how could I be left behind when I saw an ice skating rink near the Ferry building.
So I put on the boots and hopped in. And what an experience. I slipped, I rolled, falling again and again and finally getting swept off my feet by two graceful Germans. They made people like us look wooden footed.

Thats Andrea and Svenja helping me out.

Thanks to them finally I knew the technique which my wife verifies is the right piece of advice. And the second day I had my boot tied up by the wife of an elderly professor. She taught me the secret - tighten your boots right up to your ankles. So I did and it changed everything. Suddenly I felt balanced and the weight was no more on my feet.

Though not as graceful I wasnt too bad for someone only in his second day in the rink. And I promise I will keep on going till I feel at home. Find out yourself.



4 comments:

Shuv said...

amazing performance!! raju bann gaya gentleman!

kaushik said...

Shuv: I dont think you can summarize this trip better than that simple statement. Raju is trying very hard to be a gentleman.

Unknown said...

Chachaji..Awsome !!

ghetufool said...

why don't you tell the world your other acrobatics.