Search This Blog

Feb 24, 2007

Surreal

Since Thursday night, life has been surreal. Everything is back to basics. Food, adda, play, fun, leg pull.

A whole platter of kebabs laced with a few shots of drinks and at 4:00 am we were screeching down Devanahalli road on Loki's Swift. We were trying to find out Nandi Hills to catch a glimpse of the rising sun. And lo behold Nandi Hills seems to have vanished. But we did catch a glimpse of the star speckled sky enveloping us. It reminded me of Deolo, of Reyshap, of Digha, of Ooty, of Kodaikanal. It reminded me of how few stars we can see in the Bangalore sky.

We were back to reality at 6:00 am trying to get some sleep. And by 12 were out again sitting at Only Place eating, drinking our hearts out. A game of snooker and then a few more drinks. Finally it was Magadh again and after a wholesome dinner I am the only one standing.

Its 1 am in the night and while I see Shuv snoring beside his kid sister and my wife I cant help marvel at our relationships. We are waiting to go the airport to pick Joy dada, Mun's own brother and she is in for a surprise. Its all surreal and we have another 48 hours to go.

1 comment:

Shuv said...

snoring?? who me?