Search This Blog

Mar 29, 2007

Worms that Control Us

"Lets see how crude will behave today".

Thus said the news anchor for Business Buzz on Times Now. Whenever I have to reveal to everyone that I watch news I feel like I have been caught with my pants down.

But this statement made me think.

As if crude has a mind of its own. Day in and day out I have to hear about the different indices moving up and down. The Wholesale Price Index and the inflation rate inching away. The dollar against the rupee. Oft heard jargons, and holi colored graphs. And so on and so forth.

They talk of these things as if they are all animate. And have a mind of their own. As if they are worms which decide one fine day to move some different way. And we humans are so helpless.

Sometimes I think we are such fools. We think we control the world and then have these worms controlling us.

15 comments:

Shuv said...

"Sitting in a bunker here behind my wall
Waiting for the worms to come.
In perfect isolation here behind my wall
Waiting for the worms to come
All you need to do is follow the worms"

- Roger Waters, The Wall

Scout said...

heh. i am getting trained in the ways of the worms these days.

Shuv said...

yeah..and ghetu mentioned u were a genius..

Scout said...

bull crap! i am BAD.

S said...

so what else is there? the worms make money and isn't that what we are all after?

S said...

not done! ami jani na kano? amake joldi bolo! amio ashbo...but can i get someone along?

Shuv said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kaushik said...

Sayantani: Ami jani keno. Every human has a right to be sensitive. May be one reason is that you missed my posts and I also didnt send 'formal' invite. But never mind. We move on.

However first things first. And I know you all r going to put me in the dock for this. But if Shuv is coming in 2nd week Apr then we should postpone this till then. He called me up and I dont want him to miss the fun.

Sayantani, Ghetu & ofcourse Scout: Can I apologise for having to taken this to crescendo and let it all fizzle away. I had even coached June about some new friends that we will have.

But mind you its not cancelled, just postponed.

And I hope things dont get complicated too within the cerebra...

Shuv said...

what rubbish..i am going to goa with scout

Scout said...

:) lol. you guys are nuts. decide the plan once and for all and lemme know.

kaushik said...

Scout: 2 back to back contradicting comments confuses me even more.

As hosts you are all welcome.

All: No more comments. My number is 9880341085. Please call to confirm. This is essential to be able to be good hosts.

The plan. We meet up at our house. Do chit chat etc. And we can then head for the Magadh. And no doing 'Issh'.

Scout said...

ok kaushik. i read your former post first hence the 2 comments. i will meet you this weekend. hope that is clear. regarding magadh: issh!

Scout said...

btw shuv i hope all arrangements are done for goa.

S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S said...

kaushik,
i didn't get your comment about sensitivness. but then, never mind. and you guys go ahead. ami kolkata jacchi.