Search This Blog

Sep 26, 2007

There is Nothing Called a Goodbye....

....certainly not in the blogworld. A post inspired by Vikas

I dont know Vikas at all. And yet I know him so well. He is among the many other interesting folks that have got appended to my life because of Opu. And it seems that Vikas is going through exactly the same cycle that I went through a couple of years back.

I was a solitary blogger, its writer and its reader. I was happy, very happy. I used to read my posts many a times. I still do that.

Then I met the so called professional bloggers. People whose living was around writing. They had these large social nets. Nets which sometimes were made impregnable. Each commenting on the others' blog and sagging the comments window.

Suddenly I felt my faith shaken. Why am I writing? Who is reading? Isn't it futile?

This post sums it up. And I wish Vikas reads it. That expalins the cycle that I have gone through.

Personally there are so many facets to blogging.

Blogging helps me engage in uninhibited and sometimes impersonal conversations. Small talks which are so refreshing, better than reading newspapers in the morning.

Needless to say, it will remain like an album. And like all album it will mature with age. When I am old it will help me to reflect back. It will help June to know what a jerk her Dad is.

My blog has certainly helped to expand my world. Though at times I am tempted to use it as a platform for my non existent writing skills but those are moments when I am foolhardy. At most times it is a place to reflect, introspect and share.

Of late it has helped me to connect. Connect not network.

So Vikas you may have a point but you certainly have no right to leave this world.

19 comments:

Vikas said...

Excellent post, Point taken. "Album" is exactly what i woukd want it to be. Thanks a ton.

Shuv said...

vikas: matlab? shuru kar riya?

koushik: whether the world discovers what a fantastic writer i am thru my blog doesnt really matter to me..what does matter however, is that i have met some great like minded people thru the blogosphere..and thru the blog, some of my gr8 friends who had not known each other have come together..

but..there is RIP as well..

kaushik said...

Viks: Thanks please oblige

Shuv: Yes, I know RIP but you would not have if not for the blogworld.

Scout said...

ha ha.. i like the last line.. "no right" indeed :)

kaushik said...

Scout: And come to think of it I made a typo and spelt it as "write" initially till Shuv pointed it out. But that was not a bad unintended pun if it was kept that way.

Is Ghetu alive??

Vikas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vikas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vikas said...

remember those lines from famous bollywood villians"Is dhande mein aadmi aata apni marzi se hai lekin jata humari se hai" and " yaha se waapis jaane ke saare raste band hai" ?

Scout said...

ghetu is very much alive and kicking :)
@ vikas: LOL

Anonymous said...

its really funny.... that the people who advocate sooo much for honesty and straight forwardness...get so much irritated when they actually confront an honest and straight forward person..ha ha

ghetufool said...

wonderful post. i also sometime want to close my blog. actually delete it, without saving any of my posts. let it get lost forever. but then, when i think, what a dear gem it would be when i grow old. what a fantastic diary it would be. a mixture of truth and imagination. and i would ponder how imaginative i was!

and i would always thank the blog world to introduce me to friends like you!

yes, i am alive!!! but a little morose. no doubt, i will start with a vengeance but am little too tired to see the niceties of life. it's dark all over and i definitely don't want to bore my readers with my usual whining. i want my blog to be as refreshing as it can. but guess, i have aged mentally! sigh ... lifewas never so gloomy!

but there are people like you and shuv and of course RIP to entertain me.

i will be back! till then, let me take refuge in my blog friends.

kaushik said...

RIP: Where did u encounter the irritation with the post. Or is that you are irritated that there is nothing much to irritate you in this...

How is life treating on.. And when is the agony uncle blog coming up...

kaushik said...

Ghetu: I will leave RIP to comment.. I think this is the perfect doorway that you have given him. As for the realities. We will take this discussion offline.

Anonymous said...

dear kaushik..my comment was influenced by our dear shuv's comment of..'there's rip as well...'

my comment this time, has nothing to do with the post..

where is.. this shuv..?

Anonymous said...

dear ghetu..the feeling is really mutual..u 'entertain' me no less..

but thats the whole idea bro..lets have fun..ha!ha!

will someone explain this to shuv..?

kaushik said...

RIP: Thanks! I was really getting worried about the ways of my writing.

Shuv appears to be fine. When he is not posting I think he is more fine. It make me worried when he posts too much and throws in comments galore.

Shuv said...

rip: she was great! u dont really understand her..

Anonymous said...

ha!ha!shuv..do u really think i'll ask u the question 'who'..?

Shuv said...

why would u ask dude? u know..