Search This Blog

Nov 8, 2005

Splogging

Some weeks back I was dying for people to come into my blog and comment . But some sane brains are still there in my life and they helped me get back on track.

And now the same old comments are becoming my nemesis. The spammers have littered my recent posts with comments galore from Penis induction, to Music downloads to Recipes. But Google is a great company with great products. And they are ever responsive. So we now have comments moderation.

For all those who are still interested to comment on my post.. not that I care:).. will have to go through this word verification process.

Picture courtesy www.blogger.com

What this does is to prevent automated systems from adding comments to my blog, since it takes a human being to read the word and pass this step. This will help me to not receive an advertisement or a random link to an unrelated site in the garb of a comment. Google calls it "comment spam" but I choose to call it Splogging.

5 comments:

thorswheels said...

Great! Now we will rediscover alphabets all over again.

Anonymous said...

This is just to show my friend that u dont need to be any member to put an honest comment...

thorswheels said...

Hey! It might be a classic case of serendipity but the word "splogging" is almost half as old as "blogging". Further, a goole search throws up 29,400 results! So there.

kaushik said...

Thanks Suman for enlightening me. And I thought that Splogging was an original. Sometimes it makes me feel what is original that is left to be done in the world....

Anonymous said...

hehehe...nice blogging - and a pretty nice reflection of things and memories (except the relationships, which might wrongly provide the "alternative club" impression to the readers;))that have made us belong to this group -things always change, but the best part of it is to know that we still don't hesitate to bitch around behind anyone - much like the school days :)